Saturday 13 April 2013

Double Up! - DIY Rose Gold Lipstick

As you're reading the title of this blog post, you're probably thinking what an earth is she going on about?! Well crazy as it the title sounds, it really is a good tip if you are on a budget and looking for a quick new lip colour without having to spend, spend, spend!

So let me explain on what I am actually going on about. Long story short... I wanted a new rose gold colour lip product but I couldn't find one anywhere for a reasonable price on the market. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I could just easily make one myself with the products I already have. This may seem a little strange, but trust me it works unbelievably well!

The products I used to make a gorgeous gold rose colour are...

Now to the nitty gritty, but rather exciting part is to apply the products. Firstly, apply a lipstick of your choice, I chose this lovely rose/bright pink colour from Bourjois.


And now for the main part of this DIY creation-
Apply a cream formula eyeshadow!
Eyeshadow?! Yes, really. An eyeshadow. Who'd thought it, eh? This eyeshadow from Maybelline is a really shimmery gold colour, which is fairly drying so I find it works extra well on your lips as it mattifies, which I find helps the lip colour to stay for a longer time. Bonus!

The finished result...

I focused more gold in the centre of my lips to draw more attention to that area.
I personally think that this is a great way on using products that you maybe don't like so much, and turning them into something completely different which works well. You can use any lip colour as your base and maybe even a different coloured eyeshadow to gold? Who knows what you could come up with!
What do you think? 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment