Sunday 28 April 2013

April Favourites



























My April Favourites mainly consists of finds which I have rekindled my love for! As nearly all the products which I mention in my blog, they're affordable and great value for money. 

Lets start with skin care, well not really skin care but a body wash! I have recently been to my local Body Shop store in search of a new fragrant wash which smells fresh and fruity. Of course, I could only pick the Shower Gel in Mango. I cannot describe how incredible it smells. Like a lot of shower gels I've tried before, the smell doesn't transfer onto your body and your just left with a soapy smell which is nothing like what you were expecting. However, the Body Shop shower gels just go onto the skin nicely, and leave the just the right hint on you.

Makeup wise, my first base product which I'm loving (again!!) is the Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation. I brought this quite a while back from TK Maxx in the sale section. I wasn't expecting much from it as most powder foundations give barely any coverage. However, I forgot how great this looks on your skin, until I rekindled my love for it a few weeks back when I found it at the back of my drawer! It gives the right amount of coverage and leaves your skin feeling smooth and matte, but in the flesh it gives off the perfect amount of luminosity without making your face look shiny. As I have combination skin, this is perfect, as I'm forever trying to find a foundation which mattifies and stops oils coming through, but also gives a luminous, dewy, glow. And I find this a great balance!

Secondly, a product which works great with the foundation, is L'Oreal True Match Blush in Rose Nude. A nude colour, with a hint of pinky-rose in it, with shimmer that highlights in the right places. I think it is a great blush which lasts all day and doesn't go patchy. I love how this looks against the powder foundation because similary, it has shimmer in it, which adds to the luminous look that the foundation gives off as well. Also as both products are powders, I feel they blend better together than a cream blush does.

Lastly, a brush which I have been loving to apply my foundation and cream blushes. The Real Technique Expert Face Brush. It is a dense brush which buffs any liquid product in well. It is a multi-purpose brush and for the price you can't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment