Friday 26 April 2013

Ways to Apply Foundation//Top 5


























There are endless ways to apply foundation. So many different types of brushes which claim to do so much and give you a flawless face. Well this is a guide to my 5 favourite ways, and ways which I think work best in my foundation routine.


1. Hands - Obvious way. The way that everyone starts out. And still is a great way to apply foundation for those days that I want a lighter coverage and if I'm in more of a rush. I find that using your hands can create an even base but I wouldn't recommend it for a fuller coverage foundation.

2. Sponge - There are different types of sponges, and out of the ones that I have tried, I prefer this one. So easy to get into those awkward parts of the face around the nose and eye area. Small enough to apply in little parts to get a flawless effect. I really like to apply my foundation with a sponge, but its a pain that they need replacing so often!

3. Dense Foundation Brush - Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - This is probably my favourite way to apply foundation along side a stippling brush. This brush is similar just a lot denser. It has quite hard bristles which make it easier to apply the foundation to create a even finish foundation. It doesn't need a lot of working either which is a bonus! This is a great buy and a necessity!

4. Foundation Brush - This is a staple in everyones brush collection. It was my first type of foundation brush, probably because the name drew me too it and at the time I thought it was the only brush you could get. That was a long time ago! I find this a good way to apply a fuller coverage around my eyes to get rid of any dark areas before applying concealer. It can leave some brush marks, but with a quick buff you look flawless!

5. Stippling Brush - This is my level favourite with my expert face brush! I love it! Its good for a light to medium coverage foundation that is more on the liquid side. Also great for a tinted moisturizer. So simple and easy to use. Nothing else needed to be said, its just perfect for so many things!

I hope this kind of guide has helped in picking the right brush for you. What's your favourite way brush/way to apply foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment