Saturday 23 March 2013

Rimmel Apocalips

Rimmel Apocalips


Once again, I'm back to Boots buying more drugstore products! But how can you resist a new release, especially from Rimmel?! These new lip products from Rimmel have been raved about all over the blogging world for the past few weeks. And I can see why. They're described as a 'Lip Lacquer' on the packaging. Which are also meant to have the pigmentation of a lipstick, just in a gloss formula.
I've read a few reviews, and saw the comment that they were drying reappearing over and over again. This is why I got put off from buying them at first. But I really do disagree. I must be doing something different! You also cannot deny the pigmentation of these either...


Of course, like any product- there are the pros and cons.
The pros for me are the range of colours they offer. I really could of brought them all, but I went for the lightest shade, which is a very light brown/peach colour (Nude Eclipse). It is a lovely colour for day or night. The pigmentation is just as good as a lipstick, with a gorgeous shine yet suttle. I also don't find them drying, especially if you apply a bit of lip balm before hand. 
However, there are a few problems which I have with these. The applicator can be difficult to use as it is quite bendy, but with a bit of work it is acceptable. Also, I really don't find that these last any longer than about an hour without having to reapply them. Which isn't too much of a problem, but can get a bit tedious after a while.


Overall, I think that it is a great product; which I probably would repurchase. I'm already thinking about buying 2 other shades which really caught my eye!
What do you think of the colour and product itself?



No comments:

Post a Comment