Tuesday 18 March 2014

FOOD // Banana and Chocolate Muffins


On a recent health kick which I am trying to stick with for longer than the average of two weeks... I was on the hunt for sometime that would cure my sweet tooth but sometime that wouldn't make me cave into just eating something sweet like a chocolate bar. After searching and searching to find something that would suit my extremely fussy taste buds, I decided to take it upon myself to create my own recipe. So yep, if you are also a sweet tooth gal looking for something a little different, this is for you!







What you will need: 75g melted butter, 250g self-raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, ½ nutmeg, 150g caster sugar, 2 medium eggs, 75ml milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 bananas mushed, 5 chocolate digestive biscuits, 25g chocolate chips

Start out by melting the butter and leaving to cool. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, nutmeg and caster sugar together. In a separate bowl with a fork, mix together the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Once fully mixed, stir in the banana. Dig a well in the other bowl to pour the egg mixture in. Once you've done that, place the biscuits there also and break them up. Mix all the mixture lightly with a fork until its a lumpy mixture, don't over mix it! Place the mixture into muffin cases and place chocolate chips on to. Leave to bake in an oven at 190°c for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment